Sunday, March 06, 2005

 

Meet the fMRI "Crew"

Tonsillectomy research advocacy will bring you to some of the brightest minds in science. I plan to present to you, one by one, all the outstanding scientists that I've "met" in my quest to spur scientific research into the long-term effects of tonsillectomies and in my quest to have science discover that lymph adds power to the nervous system and supports the brain making it more stable, happier, put-together and healthier overall.

Here's the list, in alphabetical order, and with sketchy details, of the first batch I've worked on:

Jonathan D. Cohen, Director, Center for the Study of the Mind and the Brain, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ: While Dr. Cohen is on sabbatical, someone else handled my email - I think my best route here is to recruit interested and somewhat renegade students to use tonsillectomies as research criteria!

Eric Connor, Johns Hopkins Univ., Baltimore, MD: I think my written eloquence fluctuates sometimes, the email I sent Dr. Connor is one of the best I've created putting "fingers to keyboard" rather than pen to paper! Yet, I think Dr. Connor's lab may not be set up for the kind of research I wrote to him about... dead end? Nah, I'm going to ask him if he knows someone else @ Hopkins who may be set up to run tests on tonsillectomized folks...

Lutz Jaencke, Germany: Has shown great kindness when replying to my inquiry. An email I wrote to him equated researching lymph beyond immunology to declaring the earth is round when everyone else considered it flat!

Wolf Singer, Director, Max-Planck-Institute for Brain Research, Germany: We are talking neurological research royalty here, wish me luck not getting bounced out of the virtual door!

Thomas Metzinger, Max-Planck-Institute for Brain Research, Germany: Same as above

Filippi Massimo, Italy: Dr. Massimo "heard" my request and asked me to be patient, it takes time to make things happen in science.

Osaka, Japan: Dr. Osaka utlized fMRI technology to publish a paper which I am having trouble finding for you right this minute but which I hope to find eventually to quote for you!
Whew! If any of you would like to volunteer to lobby these or any other scientists, let me know!



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?