Monday, March 21, 2005

 

Lymph Flows 1.3: Look @ my nails & check out my hair

Is this a women's beauty commercial? No, this is the third in the "Lymph Flows" series I started to report how my life is different as I live it with tonsils. As many of you know, I regrew my tonsils accidentally and now I'm convinced lymph is more than science currently knows. Today, I'll tell you about my new nails and hair, both which became markedly different after my tonsils regrew.

This is the first time I discuss with you results other than neurological of my tonsil regrowth - I'd categorize these results as dermatological. I hope my efforts bring attention from the world of dermatology to how lymph may interact with skin, hair and nails.

1. Nails:

Before: Sometimes bitten, dry and brittle
Now: Prettier, stronger yet pliant, nails. My pinky finger on my right hand seems to have acquired a life of its own, growing the smallest of measurements longer than the one on my left. Underneath that right, pinky finger nail, that the skin looks healthier (i.e. rosier) than the others. I suspect that slowly, my body is going to make all my nails look just like that one. My fingertips, especially of the right pinky, seem to have increased sensitivity, as if I could be the type of person that could sense with her fingertips the smallest of, say, tumors.

2. Hair:

Before: Breaking off easily and very fine, after my "palatine" tonsils (the ones that were removed and the last ones to become noticeable -- after my sublingual and nasopharyngeal ones were "reactivated" by my cell renewal regimen) were more noticeably back in working order, my old head of hair has slowly fallen off, to make way for my new hair.
Now: Thicker and shiny, I believe eventually, my hair will reach a new balance that includes the lymph that must flow in micro-amounts to my scalp. I can sense now that my hair follicles seem to have gotten deeper, and if by mistake I pull out some of my hair, it hurts a lot more than it did before.

I'd like to suggest another study based on my new nails and hair: how do the hair and nails of tonsillectomized people differ from the hair and nails of their "tonsils-intact" counterparts?

You may wonder if I show benefits to my skin: I do, my skin has become more supple but I suspect I have not shed all the pre-tonsils/lymph-deprived skin I had. The process is probably going to take awhile, I'm making sure that all the factors I do control (diet, exercise, rest, relaxation) are as close to optimal as I can muster (I get an "F" in exercise this past weekend but usually I'm pretty good!).



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?